httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: child_timeouts and set_callback_and_alarm
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:08:45 GMT
Yeah there is a race -- if the child can wake up, serve a request, then go
back to sleep before the parent does its child maintenance then last_rtime
won't be updated.  But it has to keep doing this consistently... maybe I
just don't see it as much on my servers.

A solution is to add back the STATUS time field I removed in favour of
rtime, and set it in the child using r->request_time or something like
that to avoid the extra call to time().