httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache performance on Windows
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:25:57 GMT
This is 10baseT... you should be able to saturate it.  My guess is that
your client can't read at 1Mb/s, and is the bottleneck.  You can prove
that quite easily by using tcptraces.  Visit
<http://jarok.cs.ohiou.edu/software/tcptrace/tcptrace.html>.

You'll probably get a trace showing the server having a wide open window
but the client very slowly acking things.

Note: collecting traces on stock linux boxes is a pain because of the poor
resolution of packet time stamping.  The time stamp is only 100Hz (which
is also the tasking interrupt) so that they can avoid extra work with the
clock in the normal packet path.  There's hacks to get around this.

Dean