httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Module init called twice? (full msg: final try :)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 1997 19:42:49 GMT
On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Igor Tatarinov wrote:

> OK, I will to make my question clearer. The current execution path is:
>
> main::          read_config
> main::          init_modules
> standalone::    detach()
> standalone::    copy_listeners()
> standalone::    kill_cleanups_for_fd
> *		clear_pool()
> *		make_sub_pool()
> *		read_config()
> *		setup_listeners()
> *		open_logs()
> *		init_modules()
>
> So the question is which function between main::init_modules() and
> standalone::init_modules() requires the first call to init_modules()
> (in main).

Who knows?  init_modules executes arbitrary code in each module.  Yes it's
kind of unfair that the core module (setup_listeners, open_logs) has
foreknowledge that it doesn't have to initialize the first time.

mod_perl broke when I changed this.

It'll look completely different in 2.0, it has to, some of that is
architecture specific.

Dean