httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: 1.3b3 stability
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:59:08 GMT
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> What is left on the plate for Windows (I don't think ASP should hold it
> up, BTW)?

Well, there's ISAPI. As a recent bug report, and the known bugs page for
1.3a1 points out, it doesn't work at all (crashes the server) if Apache is
compiled for release. The debug version doesn't do this. I presume it's
some optimization VC++ is doing, but could never figure out what it was
(debuggers don't work very well on optimized w/o debugging symbols).

And I'm not convinced ISAPI works at all. I haven't tried it since summer,
and I just recently tried to get an extension working, and couldn't. So
maybe it's broken. Anyone have any recent experience with mod_isapi?