httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Apache performance on Windows
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 00:59:17 GMT
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> Alexei
> >
> > P.S. We need to add "mp3" to the audio/mpeg entry in mime.types.
>
> Just another one of those block-rockin beats.
>
> It's cool.  Like FSP all over again.  Thigpen will love it.
>
> YAy!

Umm... what the heck does this mean?

And now I'm really confused again. I tried to transfer the same file, one
more time, this time under Windows 95 (with the same binary used for NT).
The resultant time was 17 seconds. If you check my earlier message, you'll
note that I found times of 22 seconds for Linux and 28 seconds for Windows
NT.

Does this make sense? It doesn't to me. Maybe network conditions are much
more of a factor than I'm considering (it is an hour later).

*sigh*