httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/modules/proxy proxy_util.c
Date Wed, 31 Dec 1997 00:02:15 GMT
Come on, you are missing the fun of being logged in as Administrator
trying to kill a hundred copies of bash all running at the same due to a
damn fork bomb.  Not only do you have the pretty GUI to contend with, but
it gives me a permission denied message when I try to kill them.  Ain't
services great.

I got Apache to stop, but it didn't kill the CGIs properly.  Well, not
that I would blame this on Apache necessarily...

(yea, so I wrote the fork bomb.  So?  Was writing a CGI and accidently
created a loop due to forgetting the bastard practice of running programs
from the cwd even if it isn't in the path)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > I think there are gadgets that do this (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be
> > brave enough to install them.
> I used to run xmouse under win95, which provides the more useful x-style
> focus, but I forget what applications get screwed up because they're
> written with the "active is always on top" mentality.  I seem to recall it
> screwing up winquake.  Which of course is a bad thing, I mean, what the
> hell else do people run windows for except to play games?
> I hear they've got glquake for linux now too, so that's one less reason
> for me to run windows.
> :)
> Dean

View raw message