httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject wild idea: trash HUGE_STRING_LEN or MAX_STRING_LEN
Date Mon, 22 Dec 1997 03:54:03 GMT
For a long time I have thought that HUGE_STRING_LEN and MAX_STRING_LEN
made no sense; why have two things that are they same.  They just confuse
me.

Before, I thought I was just dumb.  Now that I have a bit of an idea about
the code, I realize it is what is dumb.  I suggest that when I get time,
it would be very useful to go through and convert all HUGE/MAX_STRING_LEN
to one or the other, and consider in some places if something else may not
be more appropriate.

Rereading Rob McCool's page on NCSA and the bit about these two (boy, the
picture of him on his web page is scary...) made me decide this.