httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject RE: fix the FAQ
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 05:07:01 GMT
Thanks, but it still doesn't fix the main problem, which is that the FAQ
isn't giving the solution that most people need.

Saying that a "Limit GET" isn't restricting other methods is a FAQ.
Saying that a "Limit GET" isn't allowing other methods doesn't happen
much.

Most of the people that look at this question are trying to figure out
"method not allowed" and interpret "access denied" (which isn't actually
given as any response) as meaning that.  The fix for method not allowed is
almost always that they don't have their server setup to think of the file
in question as a cgi, ie. they are POSTing to a static file which won't
work.