httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject fix the FAQ
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:31:26 GMT
The FAQ says:

   22. Why do I keep getting "access denied" for form POST requests?
       The most common cause of this is a <Limit> section that only names
       the GET method. Look in your configuration files for something
       that resembles the following and would affect the location where
       the POST-handling script resides:

                <Limit GET>
                    :

       Change that to <Limit GET POST> and the problem will probably go
       away.

I very seldom see anyway have problems like this.  99% of the time it is
because they don't configure their server to treat the file as a CGI.
Telling people to use "Limit xxx yyy" is bad.

Don't have time to fix right now, but thought I would mention it while I
remembered...