httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: suexec/1543: suexec.c -- Does not report exec failure reasons (fwd)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:52:42 GMT
Why would any compiler do this?  I'm no compiler expert, but I fail to see
how any sane compiler would do this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 97 11:41:44 PST
From: "M. D. Parker" <mdpc@netcom.com>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: suexec/1543: suexec.c -- Does not report exec failure reasons

Problem with the patch seems to be in the evaluation of the parameters
pushed onto the stack before the call.  It seems that at least in my gcc
implementation, the value of errno gets changed before being printed out,
but the strerror() call reports the right textual error.

Suggest that you change the patch as follows:

.
.
.
int errx;	/* error numb holder */
.
.
.
        errx=errno;
    log_err("(%d)%s: exec failed (%s)\n", errx, strerror(errx), cmd);

Mike