httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: Microsoft compares IIS4 to Apache 1.2
Date Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:48:37 GMT
> What the hell is "Browser Neutral Host Header Support" ??
>
> Since when does an HTTP server have to do SMTP and NNTP?
>
> I refuse to read further than that.

How about a response on the Apache web pages?

I am reading through this MS web page, and it is amazingly silly.  Half
the stuff they say Apache doesn't do is available through various modules.
Like snmp and ssl.  And the other half doesn't apply to the Unix version.

The various database stuff and the connection pooling is available through
mod_php3 and/or mod_perl.

-Rasmus