httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com>
Subject RE: New warnings in build.
Date Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:43:02 GMT

On Tuesday, December 16, 1997 10:11 AM, Ben Laurie
[SMTP:ben@algroup.co.uk] wrote:
> Ben Hyde wrote:
> >   ## Places I remove a line number so the diff ignores drift.
> >      (available in http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4556/absum.txt)
> >
> > Full report is at:
> >  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4556/abindex.html
> >
> > Sadly I can't spare the time to look at these issues more deeply.
>
> How come there are no line numbers???
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

My automation sends me mail with the diff from yesterday's warnings.
I get a lot of mail from deamons which monitor various log files;
server logs, disk space, builds, qa testing, ping histories etc. etc.
Reading these has to be very fast or I'll just ignore them.
So I work to assure that the mail only reports changes that actually
require my attention.  The diff removes the line numbers before
hand since otherwise I get mail every single time anybody adds
or removes a line from a file that currently has warnings, call it
"diff drift."  In house I don't need to do that, since we have a "no
warning" rule.

Sawasdi,

Ben H.