httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: More on IE4 keep-alive error
Date Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:33:21 GMT
>When I load up the port 81 page a dialog pops up which says:
>
>  "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site http://www.ler....
>   Could not complete operation due to error 800c0008"
>
>and it shows me about 3/4 of the page.  The port 80 URL comes up fine.
>Both servers are set up with the same document root for the
>www.lerdorf.on.ca host-header virtual host, so it is the exact same file
>being served up in both cases.

The last chunk is screwed up....

   positive input during the initial development of the interpreter.
   ^M
   1^M
   <^M
   /font>
   0^M
   ^M

which means that the module is doing something screwy with the buff.c
calls or there is some borderline case that is being tickled.  You
could output the same contents as a CGI (without content-length)
and see if that is the case, but I suspect it is a problem with
mixing buffers.  Try a systrace (truss) to see if you can pick up on
a weird call pattern, or try stepping through it with gdb.

This is definitely not a bug in IE4.

....Roy