httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>
Subject Re: new_connection() rename request
Date Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:42:12 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Or to make it static ... except I can hear Doug screaming already.

aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!  ;-)  Yeah, the DCE plugin uses new_connection(), I'm +1 on
renaming to ap_new_connection().   Actually, 1.3b3 already did break it, when two
of the pools in http_main (pconf and ptrans) became static, it broke.  There's a
global pointer to one, I forget which, but I had to un-static the other for it to
work again.   But, I found this the day before I left to live in a different
country and work at a different company (with no DCE) for at least a few months,
so I haven't been able to follow up yet.

-Doug