httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/modules/proxy proxy_util.c
Date Tue, 30 Dec 1997 23:47:16 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Wow, it worked.  Gotta fix my editor though.  Having cvs pop up notepad
> scares me.

You get used to it in the end :-)

> With cvs+ssh and bash + gnu utils and vi, NT is almost usable.  Except for
> the lack of job control in the shell.  :(

The way I make NT usable is by running an X server and connecting to
lots of Unix boxes. About the only reason I don't do it the other way
round, these days, is coz you can't :-)

> Now all I need is a window manager that works right... I want a window
> _active_ so I can type in it damn it, not on top of everything else so I
> can't see the reference I'm typing in from.

I think there are gadgets that do this (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be
brave enough to install them.

Cheers,

Ben.