httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Atkins <br...@posthuman.com>
Subject Re: IE 3.02 / frames / authentication
Date Wed, 24 Dec 1997 15:49:24 GMT
You can poke around in the old Dejanews db and find stuff about
it. Basically you don't want to mix frames and authentication
with IE. Best trick I know is to authenticate them on a page
before your frames that is in the same dir or above the dir
containing your frames and images, so that when they get to it
it won't have to ask for the password. It is the asking part
that seems to screw it up- if it can get in without asking then
it seems to work ok.