httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Microsoft compares IIS4 to Apache 1.2
Date Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:43:43 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> What the hell is "Browser Neutral Host Header Support" ??

I was wondering that.

> Since when does an HTTP server have to do SMTP and NNTP?

What does it even mean to "do" SMTP and NNTP? I can run sendmail under
Apache, doesn't that mean it "does" SMTP?

There's a bunch of other blatant bollox(tm):

"Monitor multiple host machines simultaneously"
"Per Web site applications"
"SNMP Support" (there's a module for this, isn't there?)
"Auto log closing and start new log based on time interval" (should be
yes)
"Compile-free server side scripting"

and so on...

Cheers,