httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: known? rfc1413 not thread safe
Date Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:55:25 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> I'm +1 on not suppporting RFC1413 in MT code. It is pretty much legacy
> now, and we don't need to introduce it onto a new platform. It was a neat
> idea at one point, but surely no-one really used it now (except perhaps in
> closed environments).

And I'm -1 on picking and choosing which functionality will be
available on what platforms merely out of convenience or the
arrogant belief that we *know* how 600,000 sites are using the
software.  Apache should have the same functionality on *all*
platforms, except where impossible.

If you don't want RFC1413 supported in 2.0, that's a different
issue.

#ken	P-)}