httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: Win32 support question
Date Tue, 09 Dec 1997 10:48:29 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
> > Well, one could make a case that nothing but native Win32 apps are
> > going to be reading the registry so why not use the native directory
> > spec separator?
> I think we ought to *always* use Unix style slashes everywhere.

I agree - we need them in many places, and having a few that are done
the other way seems like a bad idea to me.

Alternatively, we can trawl _all_ the code and make it treat backslash
and slash the same. Strikes me as tedious, error-prone and pointless.

Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 735 0689|
and Technical Director|Email: |Apache-SSL author
A.L. Digital Ltd,     |
London, England.      |"Apache: TDG"

View raw message