httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject crypt() not in usual library on RedHat 5?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:35:49 GMT
Someone's doing a verification install for me on RedHat Linux 5.0.
1.3b3 builds just fine, but the 1.2.4 kit comes up with the
following:

mod_auth.o: In function 'authenticate_basic_user':
mod_auth.o(.text+0x2d0): undefined refrence to 'crypt'
Make:[httpd] Error 1

(transcribed by hand by the installer).  This looks to me as though
crypt() isn't in the libraries chosen by default for RH5.
I'm getting some more information (such as the Configuration
settings and the "cc -o httpd" line from the two makefiles),
but has anyone seen this before?

#ken	P-)}