httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <tatar...@prairie.NoDak.edu>
Subject A tiny correction and a question on writev_it_all
Date Sun, 07 Dec 1997 19:23:28 GMT
In buff.c :: writev_it_all() we have

        /* recalculate vec to deal with partial writes */
        while (rv > 0) {
            if (rv < vec[i].iov_len) {
                vec[i].iov_base = (char *) vec[i].iov_base + rv;
                vec[i].iov_len -= rv;
                rv = 0;
*                if (vec[i].iov_len == 0) {
*                    ++i;
*                }
            }
            else {
                rv -= vec[i].iov_len;
                ++i;
            }
        }

Apparently, the marked lines are never executed since
the first if's condition is: rv < vec[i].iov_len.
Dont' know if it's worth changing though :)

My question is: can I call writev_it_all directly from my module's handler
(without calling bwrite)?
(I don't quite understand yet when that "chunking",etc stuff is used.
I need vector I/O to send files from my cache (files are stored in blocks))

thanks,
igor