httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Sun, 07 Dec 1997 16:14:12 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > I'm happy to zip up the current IS setup for anyone who wants to do this
> > stuff. It ought to go into CVS, of course, but I'm having far too much
> > fun with ASP to dick with IS.
>
> Yeah, can you do this? While I'd love to see an asp module, at the moment
> I think that the installer is way more urgent.

You are probably right, but I was struck with inspiration, so I thought
I'd better do it before the impetus passed. It really is a nightmare,
coz the documentation of ActiveX/OLE is so difficult to track down, and
coz it seems there are several different ways to implement the same
thing that look totally different in C++ but identical at the OLE level
(or something - I dunno, I'm confused).

I am gradually making progress, though (am on the last leg of
implementing the Request.QueryString property, which gives enough to
make ASP slightly useful).

BTW, does anyone know if anyone is working on a Perl Active Scripting
Engine? That would be a cool start in the direction of Unix-based ASP,
it seems to me...

Cheers,

Ben.