httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <tatar...@prairie.NoDak.edu>
Subject Re: Module init called twice? (full msg: final try :)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 1997 19:21:18 GMT
Sorry, something is wrong with me today: for the second time I pressed
Enter without releasing Control first and my Netscape obediently sent
an incomplete message :(

Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Igor Tatarinov wrote:
>
> > Yet, it's not clear to me why we need main::init_modules() if
> > standalone_main::init_modules() is called right after it.
>
> Consider also the error log and config time errors... we'd have to buffer
> the errors if we wanted them to appear in the error log and only read
> once.

But this doesn't explain why we need main::init_modules() since
open_logs is only called in standalone_main() (after read_config()).

So, currently first pass module_init errors are printed on screen while
second pass module_init() errors go into the error log. This is what
I got when i tried my module first.

OK, I will to make my question clearer. The current execution path is:

main::          read_config
main::          init_modules
standalone::    detach()
standalone::    copy_listeners()
standalone::    kill_cleanups_for_fd
*		clear_pool()
*		make_sub_pool()
*		read_config()
*		setup_listeners()
*		open_logs()
*		init_modules()

So the question is which function between main::init_modules() and
standalone::init_modules() requires the first call to init_modules()
(in main).

After, standalone::clear_pool() it shouldn't make any sence. But there
is nothing suitable in between.

Thanks,
igor