httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <tatar...@prairie.NoDak.edu>
Subject Re: Module init called twice?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 1997 19:12:22 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Igor Tatarinov wrote:
>
> > Yet, it's not clear to me why we need main::init_modules() if
> > standalone_main::init_modules() is called right after it.
>
> Consider also the error log and config time errors... we'd have to buffer
> the errors if we wanted them to appear in the error log and only read
> once.

But this doesn't explain why we need main::init_modules() since
open_logs is only called in standalone_main() (after read_config()).

So, currecntly first pass module_init errors are printed on screen while
second pass module_init() errors go into the error log. This is what
I got when i tried my module first.

OK, I will to make my question clearer. The current execution path is:

main::		read_config
main:: 		init_modules
standalone::	detach()
standalone::	detach()