httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Stealable idea? [c.o.l.a] WANTED: Become a Debian Developer! Debian Mentors are waiting to help you. (fwd)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 00:12:35 GMT

I definitely support the idea of going out and actively recruiting folks;
but we'd have to be ready with easy-to-get-into projects for folks.  Right
now to become a useful contributor you have to do a *lot* of work to attain
your Apache chops; a mentor would be a good way to address this, but if we
had specific mini-projects (i.e., "vet CGI on windows NT") then we'd
probably be more successful.

	Brian

At 05:14 PM 11/23/97 -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
>Doesn't really fit well into Apache, but just a prod on the idea of trying
>to recruit people for help with certain types of things.
>
>Sigh.  Too bad that even writing docs requires known about the magic ways
>of Apache half the time.

	Brian

"it's a big world, with lots of records to play." - sig   brian@organic.com