httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: Update about my core dumps on mainframe
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 23:17:33 GMT
On Fri, Dec 12, 1997 at 11:14:01AM -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Ewww what an icky machine :)
	       ^^^^
	       please explain: my webster doesn't have anything between
	       "icing" and "icon/ikon". Or did you write "picky"?

> ...I suggest
> trying the patch I posted for PR#1500.  That's another memory corruption
> patch (it's around in essentially all versions of apache).

I tried (thanks! -- shouldn't this be committed?) but to no avail:
including mod_mime still causes the server to crash somewhere in
alloc.c (it concentrates more and more on mod_mime: currently I have
the following modules compiled in, and the server still behaves
fine:
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_log_agent.c
  mod_log_referer.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_speling.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_auth_anon.c
  mod_cern_meta.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_usertrack.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_unique_id.c
)
The remaining modules mod_dld mod_mime_magic mod_proxy mod_auth_dbm
mod_auth_db mod_digest mod_example are either not applicable or
depend on mod_mime.

Anyway, I'll study mod_mime.c over the weekend. But I'm not sure I'll
find anything :-(  at least not as fast as you do...

Thanks again,
    Martin