httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Caraveo" <sh...@caraveo.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b3 stability
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:19:04 GMT
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > Given the almost complete lack of bug reports against 1.3 in general on
> > unix and 1.3b3 in particular I think that either:
> >
> > - nobody is testing it
> >
> > or,
> >
> > - it's actually stable and we could have a unix release candidate
>
> Could be! Though we'll have to do a 1.3b4, surely?
>
> If we do release Unix before Windows, will we release Windows as 1.3.x
> or 1.4?
>
> What is left on the plate for Windows (I don't think ASP should hold it
> up, BTW)?

I dont think asp should hold it up either, but I'll be happy when
that is done.  I can then trash my M$ server I use for development
;).

One other issue I remember reading about some time ago was the thread
local storage, that the way it was done prevented exporting variables
to the api.  I ran into the same problem with php3, we moved to the
tls api.  Did this issue get resolved for apache?

Also, a problem I ran into, which may be related to the above, is
that I couldn't use popenf() and pclosef() in a loadable module.
Soon as I trashed those, and used plain ol open() and close(), it
worked.  Never got a response on that one.

I havent been using apache heavily, but I havent ran into any
problems with it for what I have done.

Shane