httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: NOT A BUG!!! New Function: SearchRules for Alias/ScriptAlias
Date Thu, 04 Dec 1997 09:05:45 GMT

In article <XFMail.971203204905.sfx@unix-ag.org> you wrote:
> According to Rob Hartill:

>>  So if the script is modified for the customer it can be placed into
>>  '/users/www/customer-bin/' the rest leave in '/users/www/default-bin/'

> This is also possible with mod_rewrite I think.

Sure, the only thing you have to know is what type of URL determines the
"customer" user. For instance when suing a virtual host for "customer" just
use the following ruleset to fall back to the default-bin dir from his
customer-bin.

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond   /users/www/customer-bin/$1  -f
    RewriteRule   ^/cgi-bin/(.+)  /users/www/customer-bin/$1 \
                                  [T=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]
    RewriteRule   ^/cgi-bin/(.+)  /users/www/default-bin/$1  \
                                  [T=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]

When combinded with a per virtual host defined variable (SetEnv)
you can put this ruleset in the main server and let the virtual ones
just inherit these rules.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com