httpd-dev mailing list archives

From George_Carre...@iacnet.com
Subject RE: thread safe modules
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:46:52 GMT
As an example, Netscape 2.0 has some configuration options that allowed one to
revert
to the previous Netscape 1.2 behavior. Set max threads per process to 1.
Obviously when Apache was ported to windows however the person didn't
bother using the sys$creatproc, er. I mean, sorry (vms getting to me)
WINAPI createproc() calls.

As far as netscape went, setting max threads per process worked, but caused
other
performance problems, so, code had to be made thread safe.

Frankly I was about to release a SIOD apache module. And LIBSIOD.SO is not
thread safe. Could force me to make it so...