httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: xml
Date Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:08:47 GMT
On Tuesday, December 16, 1997 3:41 PM, Dean Gaudet
[SMTP:dgaudet@arctic.org] wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
>
> > Another possiblity, although unlikely, is that the client wants a
> > module
> > to convert XML
> > into HTML before the server sends it out. Kinda like "server-side
> > includes" on steroids
> > (or acid! :-).
>
> Yeah this is it.  Seems like overkill to me though.

I don't know much about XML (yet. A co-worker is using MS's XML parsing
stuff to read one in and validate it against a DTD and I'm helping him
with
the COM nasties), but since an XML needs a DTD to make any sense, it
*might* be a convienent way to do quasi-ASP stuff.

> Dean

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell