httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: xml
Date Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:36:49 GMT
On Tuesday, December 16, 1997 10:49 AM, Ingo Luetkebohle
[SMTP:ingo@devconsult.de] wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > Right that's what I thought too -- I don't know anything about xml
> > though
> > so I asked in case it made sense.
>
> Hmm, perhaps it does make sense. Some of the "push" thingies are able to
> output a dynamic XML index listing the other resources available at
> their
> site. I believe Marimbas W3C submission uses something like it.
>
> Still not much better, but hopefully closer to what your client is
> referring to.

Another possiblity, although unlikely, is that the client wants a module
to convert XML
into HTML before the server sends it out. Kinda like "server-side
includes" on steroids
(or acid! :-).

> ---Ingo Luetkebohle
> dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
> url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell