httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: More on IE4 keep-alive error
Date Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:23:47 GMT
On Saturday, December 13, 1997 8:13 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf
[SMTP:rasmus@lerdorf.on.ca] wrote:
> Ok, I have set up a little test.  Load up IE4 and try these two
> URL's:
>
>   http://www.lerdorf.on.ca/php3/credits.php3
>
> and
>
>   http://www.lerdorf.on.ca:81/php3/credits.php3
>
> The only difference between the two servers is that the one on port
> 80 has
> r->connection->keepalive set to -1 right before the call to
> send_http_header().
>
> When I load up the port 81 page a dialog pops up which says:
>
>   "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site
>   http://www.ler....
>    Could not complete operation due to error 800c0008"
>
> and it shows me about 3/4 of the page.  The port 80 URL comes up
> fine.
> Both servers are set up with the same document root for the
> www.lerdorf.on.ca host-header virtual host, so it is the exact same
> file
> being served up in both cases.

For what its worth, I'm running the latest Win32 IE4.01 and it fails
on the second
page with a similar message ("An internal error occured in the
Windows Internet extensions").

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell