httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Win32 support question
Date Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:39:11 GMT
On Tuesday, December 09, 1997 5:48 AM, Ben Laurie
[SMTP:ben@algroup.co.uk] wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
> > > Well, one could make a case that nothing but native Win32 apps
> > > are
> > > going to be reading the registry so why not use the native
> > > directory
> > > spec separator?
> >
> > I think we ought to *always* use Unix style slashes everywhere.
>
> I agree - we need them in many places, and having a few that are
> done
> the other way seems like a bad idea to me.
>
> Alternatively, we can trawl _all_ the code and make it treat
> backslash
> and slash the same. Strikes me as tedious, error-prone and
> pointless.

Doesn't make much difference to me, if NT and Win95 will deal with
them properly. I have some confidence in NT, but very little in
Win95.

> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell