httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Win32 support question
Date Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:36:50 GMT
On Tuesday, December 09, 1997 5:26 AM, Paul Sutton
[SMTP:paul@eu.c2.net] wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 08, 1997 at 11:18:05AM -0500, David D'Antonio wrote:
> > >
> > > Right now, I have a HKLM/Software/The Apache
> > > Group/Apache/1.31.100
> > > key with nothing
> > > in it (left over from a previous install, I'd guess). How about
> > > using
> > > that with keys of
> > > InstallDirectory: REG_SZ: E:\Apache (or wherever its really
> > > installed)
> > > ConfigDirectory: REG_SZ: E:\Apache\conf
> >
> > And:
> >   ConfigFile:      REG_SZ: E:\Apache\conf\httpd.conf
> >
> > That reflects the nature of the -f switch, while the former
> > reflects
> > the setting of the -d switch. And how about forward slashes? ;-)
>
> Is there any point to multiple keys at the moment? The current
> Apache
> installer only lets you install into one directory, and always puts
> the
> conf and conf/httpd.conf directory/file in the same location, under
> the
> installed directory. So we only ever need a "InstallDirectory" key?

That's what the current installer does, who knows what a future
installer
may do? There isn't much point (other than to save folks like me from
hard
coding /conf in things like the tray app) now, but why limit it?
Extra registry
keys are cheap and don't affect performance...

> //pcs

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell