httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Win32 support question
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:36:59 GMT
On Monday, December 08, 1997 11:30 AM, Martin Kraemer
[SMTP:Martin.Kraemer@mch.sni.de] wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 1997 at 11:18:05AM -0500, David D'Antonio wrote:
> >
> > Right now, I have a HKLM/Software/The Apache
Group/Apache/1.31.100

> > key with nothing
> > in it (left over from a previous install, I'd guess). How about
> > using
> > that with keys of
> > InstallDirectory: REG_SZ: E:\Apache (or wherever its really
> > installed)
> > ConfigDirectory: REG_SZ: E:\Apache\conf
>
> And:
>   ConfigFile:      REG_SZ: E:\Apache\conf\httpd.conf
>
> That reflects the nature of the -f switch, while the former
> reflects
> the setting of the -d switch. And how about forward slashes? ;-)

Well, one could make a case that nothing but native Win32 apps are
going to be reading the registry so why not use the native directory
spec separator?

But it turns out that notepad will read either one so I guess it
doesn't
matter.

>     Martin

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell