httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:20:31 GMT
On Monday, December 08, 1997 11:06 AM, Paul Sutton
[SMTP:paul@eu.c2.net] wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
> > If you want Apache used by a majority of "non-hackers" on NT (or
> > especially Win95), it MUST have an installer. And creating a
> > service
> > under NT "by hand" ain't easy (at least on NT Workstation).
>
> Isn't it? You should be able to
>
>   apache -i
>
> to install it, then
>
>   net start apache
>
> to start it going. Easy enough? (Of course this doesn't work at the
> moment
> unless apache's serverroot is c:\apache, but that's a mere detail
> :-)

I took his comment to mean that all the installer stuff, including
installing
the service, would be removed. But yes, this is quite easy (my apache
is
installed in e:\apache and it works fine).

> //pcs

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell