httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:43:44 GMT
On Sunday, December 07, 1997 6:12 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf
[SMTP:rasmus@lerdorf.on.ca] wrote:
> > Nominations for alternatives?
> >
> > Perhaps we could even debate the merit of having an installer?
 It
> > seems to
> > be holding up other useful release engineering tasks for NT...
>
> I wasted an entire day fighting with InstallShield trying to build
> PHP
> win32 install a while ago.  I found it incredibly poor as well.

If you think IS is bad, try using Microsoft Install! We wasted days
on
Purveyor trying to get various things to work with MS Install. Of
course
we also wasted days on IS getting various broken things to
(partially)
work. But it was better than MS install!

> -Rasmus

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell