httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:41:12 GMT
On Sunday, December 07, 1997 5:42 PM, Brian Behlendorf
[SMTP:brian@organic.com] wrote:
> At 05:04 PM 12/7/97 +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> >Paul Sutton wrote:
> >> Got it, and .... ugh, IS5 has to be one of the worst programs
> >> I've ever
> >> used.
> >
> >I'm not going to argue with that! Perhaps we should see if
> >InstallShield
> >will improve it for us...
>
> Nominations for alternatives?
>
> Perhaps we could even debate the merit of having an installer?  It
> seems to
> be holding up other useful release engineering tasks for NT...

If you want Apache used by a majority of "non-hackers" on NT (or
especially Win95), it MUST have an installer. And creating a service
under NT "by hand" ain't easy (at least on NT Workstation).

> 	Brian

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell