httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Win32 support question
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:26:59 GMT
On Sunday, December 07, 1997 10:13 AM, Paul Sutton
[SMTP:paul@eu.c2.net] wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Shane Caraveo wrote:
> > I ran into this same problem with the installer, which suggests
> > putting apache into /program files/apache, but then wants the
> > config
> > directory in /apache
> >
> > You can install it to /apache and that will be good, or there is
> >
> > command line you can use to get it to recognize where it is.
>
> I guess we might have to use the registry to store the basic path
> info. I
> hate this because it hides configuration information from the
> point-of-use, but it is how windows apps are supposed to work.

Well, according to Microsoft, all configuration information is
supposed
to go into the registry. .Which means, of course, that httpd.conf and
access.conf "should" go away and all that be stuffed under the Apache
key.

Seems a tad extreme, but the tray app could certainly use a key for
the
installation directory

> //pcs

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell