httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:33:01 GMT
On Tuesday, December 02, 1997 11:23 AM, Paul Sutton
[SMTP:paul@eu.c2.net] wrote:
[snip]

> Yeah, whatever. The point is that at the moment all the options do
> the
> same thing anyway, and they don't have any help type information
for
> end
> users (such as amount of disk space needed, or what components they
> include). I happen to think that typical & custom are the best and
> only
> required options, but you could add minimum I guess. Typical
> wouldn't
> include the source code.

I agree it should be fixed to accurately display what gets installed
and how much space it all takes.

[snip]
> > I believe there is no need for an extra Batch file as IS can
> > surely
> > run Apache -i...
>
> You would've thought so...

In fact, I'd be really disappointed in IS if it can't do something as
simple
as run a program with an argument. Their web page seems to indicate
that IS 5 can "run external programs." Not being able to pass
arguments
to said external program is rather pathetic.

> Paul

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell