httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Mon, 01 Dec 1997 17:33:31 GMT
On Monday, December 01, 1997 10:40 AM, Paul Sutton
[SMTP:paul@eu.c2.net] wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, it works. But hang on a minute, we haven't released the
> IS executable yet because it _is not finished_. I don't want
> put a
> damper on the good work that's going on, but we need a proper
> IS installer
> soonish. People want it. Having to pack up and distribute
> separate
> archives of things missed-out from the installer is not really
> on.
>
> To finish the IS installer, we need
>
>  -- to include htdocs and src directories
>
>  -- create custom & typical installs (and remove the
>  full/minimum
>     install options)

I'm curious, why remove the full install option? Perhaps minimum
install is what ya get now; no src and no docs, for those with
their
own content.

>  -- give some information after the install finishes rather
>  than
>     just exitting. A readme will do for now. Later it could be
>     an
>     option to run a batch file which installs Apache as a
>     service
>     and optionally does a startup on it

I believe there is no need for an extra Batch file as IS can
surely
run Apache -i...

> //pcs

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell