httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Martin Kraemer flowed the following:
>
>So, you better start off this SFX from the explorer..

    Thanks for the tip; I'll add that to the announcement.

>>     Has anyone tried this?  Is it ready for me to move over to
>>     /apache/dist/?
>+1 from me. Could it find out the apache install directory automatically
>(from the registry)? Or doesn't SFX offer an interface for things like
>that?

    Well, WinZip SE has another mode, which is more advanced and
    intended for installing software packages rather than just files.
    It lets you do things like customise the icon, invoke a command, and
    so on.  It's possibly tailorable for this if I included a .BAT file
    that did the right thing.  But that's more than I know how to do at
    this point, and definitely more effort than I want to invest for a
    beta.  I expect that Ben's next InstallShield effort will subsume
    this anyway, so I don't think there's much point.

    #ken    P-)}