httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject RE: [STATUS] 1.3b3-dev Mon Nov 10 19:35:07 EST 1997
Date Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:53:14 GMT
According to Rodent of Unusual Size:

> >    * NameVirtualHost
> >     Causes mucho confusion... Dean is ready to ``admit defeat''
> >     but should we let him? Lars suggests making NameVirtualHost
> >     a required directive
>
>      Personally, I don't see why Dean is unhappy with it.  It was clear
>      to me, and I've been fairly dense on the subject.  Of course, I'm
>      fairly mundane in my uses of vhosts - no weird port businesses, for
>      instance.

Making NameVirtualHost a required directive is maybe not needed, but
if there are two or more VirtualHosts which resolve to the same
address set and _no_ NameVirtualHost directive was used for that address
set Apache should at least log a warning message to the error.log, because
it is unlikely that this is intended (and it will warn people upgrading
from 1.2 to 1.3 without reading the manual or the CHANGES file).

>       No, Dean, you're VHost-Maintainer-for-Life.. <g>

Definitely :-)

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                      - The generation of random signatures
sfx@unix-ag.org                    - is too important to be left to chance.