httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: MaxClients ignored ?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:46:31 GMT
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Bleh.  Lemme think about it,

thanks, but I now suspect the problem was caused by the OS/httpd-process
running out of resources to create new files.

sysctl -a |grep files
kern.maxfiles: 8232

I think I was in that range. doh!.

Our servers build huge caches of pregenerated html over the week and
they were happy until the 7th and last day, then bang... I suppose
on the bright side it showed the round-robin worked as advertised :-/

It could be that the spawning of httpds that I saw was caused by them
dumping core and the parent replacing them before they had disapeared
completely.

I hate computers.