httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject Test suites
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:04:33 GMT
What's the current status with test suites for Apache? I think Ralf
proposed something a while ago, and we some random stuff in src/test.

Has anyone thought about using dejaGNU for testing? It certainly seems
capable of doing some decent test cases, and it just happens that we might
be able to get an Apache test suite that's already been developed (by a
company which needed to test Apache extensively), for free.

Of course, dejaGNU itself is GPL'd, but would that be a problem? We'd only
be working with the tests themselves. This seems like a neat way of
getting some comprehensive tests ready made for us, without too much work.
If anyone radically objects to basing tests on dejaGNU, please speak up
now...

//pcs

(dejaGNU is a test environment built on top of tcl/expect).