httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: bogus resource.h on Alpha-Linux
Date Mon, 01 Dec 1997 00:02:27 GMT
Yeah I've run into this on the alpha-linux box I use to test things on...
but clearly I haven't tested enough recently :)  The problem is a
glibc-1.99 problem, and should be fixed by later glibcs... which
unfortunately doesn't help the redhat-4.x based alpha systems.  I just got
redhat 5.0 in the mail, so there is an upgrade path.

I'd rather not remove the HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H definition based entirely on
__alpha__ in the linux section because it won't let people with the
correct lib/kernels use the resource settings.  I'm not sure if there's
another #define we can use to find out what glibc version is in use...

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Hi,
> the last two days I had the chance to play around with a 500Mhz Alpha
> on which I installed Alpha-Linux (Redhat)... Apart from other
> important things (eg. playing Quake ;-) I tested Apache on it.
> To compile Apache I had to remove the HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H define,
> because the current versin of Alpha-Linux still has some problems
> with its resource stuff (resource.h, resoucebits.h etc.).
> I think it is a known problem of Alpha-Linux...
> My question is, should we wrap "#define HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H" with
> "#ifndef __alpha__" until it is known to work?
> Apart from the resource.h problems Apache performed very well on
> the Alpha box.
> ciao...
> --
> Lars Eilebrecht                       - Collect 1000 of these lines, and
>                     - you'll have a large FREE BONUS FILE!

View raw message