httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: new security model (was Re: [CONTRIB] listenwrap)
Date Sun, 23 Nov 1997 02:29:16 GMT
No it's still in the infancy stages ... listenwrap is the beginnings of
it, but that's all I've got so far.  I had to stop using it as well
because I was getting into "bind: Address already in use" situations on
restart that made no sense.  I've got to look into why they were occuring.
I think it's erroneous bind logic in the linux kernel, the logic that was
put in there due to the port 2049 NFS attack a year or so ago.  (The
attack where, on essentially every Unix out there, you can use bind() to
bind to a more specific IP address, port 2049, and steal NFS packets.)

I've got a few more thoughts at
<http://www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/apache/tomahawk/thoughts>.  But I haven't
summarized everything there yet, especially not the stuff from this
thread.

I'm partying too much lately, not getting any apache work done ;)

Dean