httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: SIGALRM usage in modules?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:13:48 GMT
It's not really available ... the only hackish way to do it is to do
things like rfc1413.c does it.  I stopped short of freeing SIGALRM for
module use.  After noting the timeout in the scoreboard, the parent is
responsible for implementing the timer.  The parent uses SIGALRM to signal
the child.  But it can only do this with shared-mem scoreboards (and when
there's actually a parent).

If you kill_timeout() you may install your own SIGALRM signal handler,
provided you restore the original IN ALL SITUATIONS before the next
request (I suggest a pool cleanup might be a good thing).  The timeout()
handler in http_main.c also handles SIGPIPE, so beware.

Another 2.0 wishlist item: abstracted timeouts.

Dean