httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: http_main.c
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:31:31 GMT

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Ben Hyde wrote:

> 	[Ben Hyde]  Don't we all, but with 50 Million plus 95/NT
> machines out there I
> 	suspect it best not to make fun of them.

Hey but that's not a good enough deterrent for me ... after all I make fun
of Americans occasionally ;)

> 	[Ben Hyde]   If one searches for mmap and CreateFileMapping in
> the net
> 	one finds examples of making this bridge.

A patch for it would be ok by me... but I haven't put the effort into
setting up an NT development environment yet so I can't test it.

> 	[Ben Hyde]  I think, for whatever that's worth, this was a very
> good decision and what ever bad side effects it may have are well worth
> it.  Time is running out for Apache to establish a beachhead on the
> majority platform.

Well the big benefit for me with the early 1.3 NT port is that it made a
bunch more portability issues clear ... which means 2.0 might be easier.
Or something like that ;)

Dean