httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: http_main.c
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:27:36 GMT

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Because Dean wrote the code and he hates NT?  <g>  Well, more like doesn't
> use NT to test on, but...

It's more like I hate arbitrary changes to programming semantics that gain
nothing.  The only thing that NT has which I "lust" after is completion
ports.  You can do the same in posix, only nobody has implemented all the
requisite specs (and I have to dig through several months old email to
figure out how to do it in posix again).

> A lot of the HAVE_MMAP should be replaced by FOOBAR_SHARED or something
> which indicates that we don't care how it is accessed, only that it is
> shared somehow between connections.

Right, HAVE_MMAP is misnamed.

Dean